How To Get Rid Of Pimples Fast?
It is a fact that getting pimples on your face is normal, but they are embarrassing and at times painful as well. Prior to exploring the ways to get rid of them, it is vital to know the physiology behind the pimples.
For majority of the people, pimples are a reflection of skin irritation that is the outcome of an infection of the oil producing glands in the skin. The glands become irritated and start secreting excessive oil. The result is the saturation of the gland. The surplus oil traps bacteria usually found on the skin. And produces the infection and pus production. This raises the area on the skin.
Some people believe that using harsh chemicals, mechanical scrubbing, physician supervised skin peels and laser treatments are the ideal way to treat pimples; sometimes such treatments aggravate the problem and make the situation worse.
Below mentioned are some natural remedies for curing pimples and prevent their outbreaks:
• For those pimples that are not full of pus, ice can be applied to reduce swelling and encourage the constriction of oil glands and drain out the excess oil and bacteria from the irritated glands. Wrap ice in a cloth piece and hold it on the pimples for few seconds. Wait for some time and then repeat it. Apply ice many times throughout the day, and the pimple will disappear in a day or two.
• You must apply fresh lemon juice to resolve pimples. This mild citric acid will act as an antiseptic and destroy bacteria in the gland. It will act as an astringent and drain the excess oil. Use a clean swab; apply lemon juice to the pimples before going to bed.
• The stubborn pimples can be treated by making a paste of cinnamon and lemon juice and dabbing on the pimples for all the night.
• Honey is considered to be a natural antiseptic. It kills bacteria in the oil glands. Thus speeding up the healing process. Use sterile cotton and dab honey directly to the pimples. Let it linger for 30 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
• Toothpaste is an effective remedy for pimples. Dab white toothpaste and not gel; to the affected places. Do it at bedtime. Rinse with cool water in the morning. You can repeat the procedure in the daytime, if you plan ton be at home. The toothpaste should be at least half an hour over the pimples to get best results.
• Steam has great beneficial effects on the skin. It will open up your pores and will work well with pimples. Fill a huge pot with hot water and then place your face in such a way, that it comes in contact with rising steam. Be careful. Do not let your face be in contact with hot water as it will lead to scalding. Pat your face and dry it after 30 minutes. Apply an oil free moisturizer after this.
Try out these remedies one by one if you have pimples often. Stick to the one that suits you the most.