Travelling for any reason be it for holiday or some casual trip at work you should keep some important points in mind. Such as carrying all the necessary stuffs like medicine, daily usage products, food, etc. Have you ever though that your diet can affect your journey to a great extent. You might have noticed sometimes you feel energetic and fresh while travelling where as sometimes you just pray for the journey to end as soon as possible. Well you will be surprised to know that your food intake before, during and after journey affects you allot. Henceforth while planning for a travel, keep in mind the following eating habits:
- Try eating something before you start your journey. Most of the time delay in packing and commuting people have no time left to eat something and then they immediately leave for the airport or station. And at the airport you feel really hungry and go for food shops around. This wastes your money.
- Don’t forget to pack some snacks for your travel. It can be fruits, nuts or anything else you like. Carry some protein rich foods like boiled egg or jerky, this will help you to avert hunger for a longer period of time.
- Nourish yourself well to feel good. Don’t eat too oily food or else you will end up feeling really clumsy during the journey. Try eating a healthy mix of fruits and vegetables in your flight.
- Also avoid eating anything non – vegetarian.
- Try eating Mexican food items, as they always have h mix of beans or some kind of vegetables. It is nutritious and will help you feel fresh for a longer duration.
- Eat as little as possible from the airport or station.
- If you are driving for a long distance, ensure to take a healthy meal before leaving on road. Eat fruit, this will help boost your energy for driving for long.
- Try to eat light still healthy.
- Drink lot of water to keep yourself hydrated. And try to include whole grains in your meal. Chew peppermint chewing gum or anything similar. The chewing activity will help you be alert while driving.
- Don’t ever overdose yourself with food, it will end up making you feel sleepy.
Besides all this points, you can carry whatever you feel like eating. Just stay aware about keeping yourself healthy. Because if you eat anything healthy you might feel unhealthy while travelling, you might fall sick. So eating healthy doesn’t mean starving yourself. Keep enjoying while travelling, no problem in that just don’t overdose it. This can ruin your journey. Keep some chocolates with you to munch upon in between meals. If you like chips you can keep them as supplements to divert your mind from the long journey. If you constantly focus on the long long way you need to go, you will feel tired and bored. You can also eat some appetizer as your meal. You can sip on some club soda.